Nikon D3 Firmware 2.0 now available at Nikon USA
#2. "RE: Nikon D3 Firmware 2.0 now available at Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 0Pursuit Nikonian since 04th Jan 2003Tue 01-Jul-08 04:34 PM
The firmware updates include the following (from Nikon's website):
Modifications enabled with upgrade of A and B firmware to v.2.00
* Images captured with "Rotate tall", in the playback menu, set to "On", are not automatically rotated for display immediately after capture (image review).
* The following changes and additions have been made to "f4: Assign FUNC.Button > FUNC. Button + dials" ; "f5: Assign preview button > Preview + command dials", and "f6: Assign AE-L / AF-L button > AE-L / AF-L + command dials" menus in Custom Settings:
o The "Choose image area" option has been separated into two options, "Choose image area (FX / DX / 5:4)" and "Choose image area (FX / DX)"
o A new "Shooting menu bank" option has been added.
* When "Choose image area (FX / DX / 5:4)" or "Choose image area (FX/DX)" is selected and the function button (Fn) is pressed, the image area setting is displayed in the top control panel, in the shooting information display, and at the bottom of the viewfinder.
* A "Copyright information" item has been added to the setup menu. When "Copyright information" is enabled, the copyright symbol ( © ) is shown in the shooting info display.
* "Recent settings" can now be displayed in place of "My Menu".
* The virtual horizon can now be displayed with shooting in LiveView mode.
* The "Vignette control" setting can now be confimed in shooting information.
* The "Vignette control" item in the shooting menu now supports all types of G- and D-type lenses, except DX and PC lenses.
* The "Vignette control" compensation value has been optimized for shooting with "Active D-Lighting" the shooting menu.
* Electronic analog exposure displays are now shown in the control panel and shooting info display while the exposure compensation setting is being applied.
* The degree of the "High ISO NR" setting can now be confirmed in the shooting info display while the "High ISO NR" setting item, in the shooting menu, is being applied.
* Design of the FX-format icon in the "Choose image area" setting has been modified.
* Ankara, Riyadh, Kuwait, and Manamah have been added to the "Time zone" options for the "World Time" item in the setup menu.
* When a GPS device is used and no heading information is available, --.--° is now displayed for the "Position > Heading" option in the "GPS" item in the setup menu.
* When shooting in LiveView mode using Camera Control Pro 2 (ver. 2.2.0) or later with a PC-E lens, the aperture setting can now be adjusted from the computer.
* Autofocus performance has been improved.
* Auto White Balance performance has been improved.
* An issue that, in some rare circumstances, caused the battery indicator to blink, regardless of actual battery charge, has been resolved.
* Errors in the German help displays have been corrected.
More wag, less bark. (anon)
#3. "RE: Nikon D3 Firmware 2.0 now available at Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 2Steven Lieber Nikonian since 14th May 2004Tue 01-Jul-08 04:43 PM | edited Tue 01-Jul-08 04:50 PM by Steven Lieber
Am having problems with D3 Upgrade
I have downloaded the file F-D3-V200W.exe
File Size is 1.59 MB ( 1,677,176 bytes )
I am unable to open the file when I click on it.
HELP Any Ideas ?
Note Instruction do say that it requires a serial number to download but it never asks for one.
Did not want to run from the USB Drive that I had downloaded it to. I moved it to a folder on my C Drive and it worked fine. Have no idea why.
#4. "RE: Nikon D3 Firmware 2.0 now available at Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 0
Anybody having trouble downloading the upgrade from the Nikon site for the D3 to their Mac?
I keep getting a download error message that says the file "could not be opened, because an unknown error occurred. Try saving to disk first and then opening the file."
#5. "RE: Nikon D3 Firmware 2.0 now available at Nikon USA" | In response to Reply # 4jbloom Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Wed 02-Jul-08 09:57 PM
Did you do as suggested and save the file to disk? Right-click (or control-click) on the link to save the file to disk. Once it's done downloading, open the file in Finder. That should result in a D3Update folder. Simply follow the instructions from there.
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos
Visit my Nikonians gallery.