Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D3: My favorite wildlife body

zuman

US
154 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zuman Registered since 04th Jan 2006
Wed 26-Mar-08 05:30 PM

As a wildlife photographer, I was a little nervous about my move from the D2X to the D3. Many other photographers told me that losing the DX multiplication factor would be devastating.
I do a lot of photography in Africa, ranging from dense canopied forest floors to bright, open plains. Most of my opportunities, though, come at the corners of the day. I'm a crepuscular kind of guy.
I returned from South Africa at the end of last week, and there is no question that the D3 was the right choice. I've only just started going through my shots, but I really don't think that some of the leopard shots I took at ISO 1600 would have been available to me with the D2X. I found myself leaving the camera at ISO 400 as my default, allowing me lots of aperture and shutter speed options.
Here are a few early shots with minimal or no pp:
www.pbase.com/zuman/wtwp

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3: My favorite wildlife body
               Reply message Lenses and WB