Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Allinthemind

UK
75 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Allinthemind Registered since 26th Apr 2006
Fri 14-Mar-08 04:35 PM

I love my new D3! The thing I like most is that I actually feel confident shooting it in one of the auto-exposure modes. If I turn on the Active D-Lighting option, it does exactly what it says it will. Fab! The D2x always needed some compensation on bright days and didn't truly reflect a hand-held meter consistently with varying lighting intensities. So well done Nikon. I still think they could have put a small sensor on the camera that would automatically adjust the screen brightness with respect to ambient light.

I have run a few tests using a gretag card to try and get accurate (not necessarily pleasing) colours from ACR. With the D2x I had a couple of presets that would do the job nicely, I am getting a lot of variance on the D3 calibrations. Has anyone else created some presets for lightroom or ACR? I have Capture NX but find it very clunky for a high-volume workflow, I love the Auto CA correction (why can't Adobe do this rather than manual adjustment, I'm also not a fan of the nikon rendering (blues too pale, tinges of yellow etc)

All the best

Simon

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3 ACR calibration
Reply message RE: D3 ACR calibration - tests
                              Reply message : D3 ACR calibration - tests
                              Reply message RE: : D3 ACR calibration - tests
                                             Reply message : : D3 ACR calibration - tests
                                             Reply message RE: : : D3 ACR calibration - tests

G