Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
zuman

US
154 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zuman Registered since 04th Jan 2006
Mon 28-Jan-08 08:26 PM

I'm taking my D3 to South Africa next month. I've shot wildlife in Africa MANY times, so I know all the non-camera-specific stuff. However, having moved from a D2x, I'm not supremely confident as a D3 user yet...particularly in regard to CAM3500.
For those who've done more shooting with the D3 than I have, please let me know your most successful focus configurations for situations similar to:
a) A fast-flying small bird is flying directly overhead against a daytime blue sky;
b) A larger (eagle-size) bird is flying more slowly against a daytime blue sky;
c) A tawny animal (e.g., lion, cheetah, or antelope) is running across a tan/golden grass plain;
d) A reasonably-large animal (anything from hyena to elephant) is running towards you;
e) An animal resting/hiding in the branches of a tree.
I'll be using my 70-200 and 200-400 for the most part, both with and without a TC14e.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

My wildlife gallery: www.pbase.com/zuman/wtwp

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3 Wildlife Help?