Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

«Customer certificate» to Nikon upon ordering a D3???

Hammam

Montreal, CA
503 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Hammam Basic Member
Thu 06-Dec-07 06:09 PM

I was about to order a D3 and make a deposit when the salesman at my Nikon authorized dealer told me I had to sign some kind of «Customer Certificate» to be sent back to Nikon (Canada) by the dealer, in which I would state who I am (complete with name, telephone number, e-mail address and postal address), what is my status as a photographer (ie am I a professional, which I'm not), what kind of photography I do... I would also guarantee, check this, that the camera will be used by me and won't be resold, that I don't have any other order with another Nikon dealer and, icing on the cake, that I will use it in Canada.

How's that for arrogance and abuse? I have never, ever, seen this kind of behavior from a maker of whatever in my whole life. I understand that this is intended to help Nikon allocate the very scarce D3s to whomever they darn well please. In other words the old principle of «first come first served» doesn't apply anymore at Nikon's, and they make sure of that with this totally abusive method.

Needless to say I didn't order the D3. I also complained to Nikon Canada and to my dealer, and I intend to investigate further into the matter to see how my rights as a consumer have been violated.

Anybody experienced the same thing?

I am very frustrated and angry at Nikon. I have said in the past that I loved Nikon photo gear but hated the company. This sure won't help.

Hammam

What if they discovered that the Earth
isn't a planet anymore either?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: «Customer certificate» to Nikon upon ordering a D...

G