Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wireless radio shutter release for D3?

mrbuk2001

Nashua, US
275 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mrbuk2001 Registered since 11th Oct 2006
Sun 02-Dec-07 02:53 PM

I have a D200, D300 and will be picking up my D3 tomorrow. I like shooting landscape shots and often find myself mounting and dismounting the my ML-3 a lot which is a bit teadous. Am I the only person who wishes the D3 had a built in wireless radio receiver? I guess it would make more sense on a D3x or whatever FX studio / landscape camera Nikon may be introducting, but would it practical and a worthwhile feature for many?

I have a ML-3 and usually find myself changing positions around the tripod and camera to the point where I am not in alignment with the IR receiver, so I frequently need to move to take the picture or have to twist the receiver head to match my position. A radio receiver would certainly take care of this problem and I would think it could be built directly into the camera instead of an accessory. They could have a menu option to shut of the reciever so it wouldn't waste power. What do you think?

Mike

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G