Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wondering about the D1 -- a good used buy?

mikerophone

Bethlehem, US
44 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
mikerophone Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Apr 2006
Fri 30-Nov-07 09:29 PM

All --

While I've been happily shooting my D70 for a couple of years, I recently came across a couple of Nikon D1s for about $250-350 (used but not abused shape) and am considering it as 1.) a backup and 2.) an "outing" camera that can take a bit of a rough ride.

Is anyone still using theirs? While I've read about the low res (these shots are more for screen presentation and video use anyway, with 2.7MP would be more than adequate), the magenta color cast, the slow write for RAW and battery life, I've also read about their built-like-a-tank quality, their AF speed, their nice viewfinder, their ability to meter manual/non-CPU lenses and the built-in vertical grip.

Thoughts/advice would be appreciated. I'm not yet in the market for a major upgrade, but a second body for not a whole lotta money would be nice...

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

It still amazes me that I can freeze time in a lightproof box with a chunk of glass on the front...

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wondering about the D1 -- a good used buy?

G