Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
zuman

US
154 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zuman Registered since 04th Jan 2006
Sat 10-Nov-07 11:11 PM

No real news here. Roberts had Nikon reps, D3s and D300s in the store today, so I had the chance to at least play around with the D3. It felt quite a bit bigger than my D2x, but I didn't have them side-by-side. Everything seemed familiar, though, so that was good. I liked the IMAX-style viewfinder which was wonderfully free of distractions, and the level indicator, which the rep had assigned to the function button, was cool. The LCD is everything everyone has raved about. The shutter sounded a little quieter than the D2x to me, but not by a great deal.
The reps and store personnel were comfortable with D300 availability (I didn't ask details, sorry), but said that while D3s would ship on November 31 they had no information on how many would be available. Roberts has about 300 D3 customers on their pre-order list.
The 24-70mm seems nice and I know it's reported to have fewer flare issues than my 28-70, but I have no desire to switch. The 14-24 f/2.8 rectilinear, however, is something I'll start saving for (it's also one of the coolest-looking lenses I've ever seen!).

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3 at Roberts today
Reply message Duh.
     Reply message RE: Duh.

G