Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Yellow Color cast in D2Hs RAW

zeex3

US
364 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
zeex3 Basic Member
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:03 PM

I have over 28k images on my D2hs. Recently I have been shooting in grassy areas and on the beach. I have changed nothing but I noticed that all my raw images have a yellow cast to them. The grass areas have a yellow tint, which in turn affects the skin tones on the people. I have tried a whibal, correcting in NX, just cannot get rid of it.

Here is my typical shooting menu selection.

WB= AUTO -1
Tone Comp= Less contrast
Color mode= II
Hue Adjustment=0

Yesterday I tried daylight WB still got yellow cast on the skin and hair. Even the sand looked odd. My monitors are calibrated and I have the correct profiles selected.

This image is of two friends I shot yesterday. D2hs, Daylight WB, fill flash, mode II, NEF.

The bottom image of the bride and groom (the groom is ME) was shot with a D80, sRGB, standard jpeg, daylight WB and fill flash. Look at the differnce in the sand and skin, why is this. I cannot fix the top image to look like the bottom one. Help.

Any suggestions??

Click on image to view larger version

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Please visit my gallery
http://www.naturexposed.net

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Yellow Color cast in D2Hs RAW