Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which to buy, D200, D2h or D2x(s)?

pottsworth

Stafford (home) / Coventry (un, UK
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
pottsworth Registered since 18th Sep 2007
Tue 18-Sep-07 11:34 AM

I have just sold a few shots, so I think I can justify updating my D50
Origionally I was going to go for a D80, but then saw that the d200 was not much more expensive for a good nic second hand one, and it has a load of featires I would appreciate.

Now however, I'm really torn between getting either a d200, or a d2h, both of which are around £600 on a certain well known auction site, or waiting for a few months to see what happens to the price of the d2x..
I really like the vertical battery grip / shutter release, and I have been told that the optional grip for the d200 is a bit pap, which pushes me toward the d2h, as does the speed, however I do soemtimes find the built in flash useful, mainly to bring out foreground details, and especially if I am shooting a climber against sky.

Out of the d200 / d2h which would people reccomend?
I shoot mainly climbing shots, and also some rock and roll (I work at a large gig venue, and when I'm not mixing sound, I often get let inside the pit barrier to get some shots). I do sell some, but I am crrently a student, so photography is much more of a hobby than a bread winner.

Also how low is the price of the d2x / d2xs likely go get by the end of this year / early next year?.

Basically, if it was you £600, what would you do with it?

Cheers for any advice!
Rich

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which to buy, D200, D2h or D2x(s)?

G