Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I'm done with the pixel-race!

ryofu

DE
232 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ryofu Registered since 19th Mar 2006
Mon 13-Aug-07 03:03 AM

Owning a D2Xs, D2X, D200, D70s, D70(Still prefer the D2X/s because of the ergonomics, balance,the viewfinder and the auto-focus; but all of these cameras have their good use), I have come to the end of my pixel-race. What a relief!

A few days ago I visited a photo-exhibition of a fine amateur club, showcasing their best work of the past one year. They were all very good photographs. But suddenly I realized thet the ones I was drawn most to were the ones shot in film. The digital prints were, how can I say, too "perfect".

So, on the way home I thought I should buy myself an F6, for film's sake, but of course I am set up for digital, and I don't have a lab anymore. Yes, I am one of the old guys. I love the smell of chemicals all over your body, developing prints in the lab, the feeling of film... I love b/w...

I didn't buy the F6, but what I did is I purchased "RealGrain" software. And I am so happy now - now wiht a click of a button I can shoot in Velvla, Agfa Optima Prestige, Fujicolor, Fujichrome, Kodak Porta, ektachrome...Neopan, Ilford Delta, FP4, my BELOVED HP5, XP2, Kodak Tri-Max.... and so on.

So, in a sense, I am back to film. Back to grain. I don't care anymore about a few pixels more or less. I am relieved and happy. Now I can shoot in Ilford HP5 b/w and Kodachrome and Velvla 50... welcome to the digital film world!

Ryofu Pussel

http://www.pussel-photo.com>

*** Support Nikonians - a Silver membership costs less than 7 cents a day! ***

Ryofu Pussel
http://www.pussel-photo.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I'm done with the pixel-race!

G