Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Rohinton_Mehta

Mumbai, IN
535 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Feb 2002
Sat 28-Jul-07 01:21 PM

I use a D2x as well as a D40x. My problem relates to measuring white balance with studio flash, using a 18% gray card.

With reference to measuring WB, on page 71 of D40x Nikon Guide to Digital Photography, it says "Do alter exposure from the value selected by the camera". On page 61 of D2x user manual, it says (under Exposure Mode) "When using a reference object to set white balance, do not alter exposure from the value suggested by the camera".

Both are opposing statements - the D40x tells you to alter the indicated exposure and D2x says don't. I am now confused. Which is correct? Is there a mis-print in the D40x guide?

I would like to know how other Nikonians use a 18% gray card to measure white balance with studio flash. Would the system also work with Nikon Speedlites like the SB800/600? Thanks in advance.

Rohinton

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: White Balance