Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Does the D1H/X's CCD Have a Dust Problem?

gtm

Searcy, US
1451 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gtm Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Feb 2002
Wed 10-Apr-02 06:08 PM

I am in the market for a digital camera and am seriously looking at the D1H/X's. However, when I get close to making a decision to buy I read a review here and there about the dust problem getting on the CCD. Is it a major problem? Or is it just the handling of the camera when changing lens'? Is it easy to clean? Like cleaning a lens?
Many have said they have had their cameras back once or twice to Nikon service for cleaning. One person commented that when he/she called Nikon about the problem they told him/her to stop changing lens, which defeats the purpose of even owning the camera body.
I am on the fence with this purchase issue. Maybe you all can shed some further light on the subject and knock me off the fence one way or the other. Thanks in advance.

GARY
The Arkansas Nikonian

GARY
The Arkansas Nikonian ;)

Marshall Photography

My Gallery

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Does the D1H/X's CCD Have a Dust Problem?

G