Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Digital camera Battery

HibbardSmith

Bethany, US
16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
HibbardSmith Registered since 01st Dec 2004
Thu 14-Dec-06 02:16 PM

Has anyone had experience with the Digital Camera Batteries? If yes, what do you think? Are they worthwhile? I'm especially interested in the newer lithium 80 watt battery.

Last night I had a job shooting an elementary school play. The place they gave me to shoot from was about 20' from the stage. All I could use was a camera mounted SB800. I was shooting with the D2X, 17-55mm f2.8 (Nikkor) and the SB800 on camera. The SB800 was powered with 4 freshly charged NiMH batteries. The flash was firing at full power and taking 5+ seconds to recycle. Clearly, that's too long for the situation. I understand that powering the flash from a Digital Camera Battery will allow it to recycle much faster. How much faster? I'm not even sure I want to power the camera from it. My experience with the EN-EL4 has been great. But I sure would like to speed up the flash recycle.

Smitty
Hibbard T. Smith, JR

Smitty
Hibbard T. Smith, JR

G