Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
d2xrules

thornton, US
2 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
d2xrules Registered since 04th Dec 2006
Mon 04-Dec-06 11:14 PM

I'm considering sending my D2x in to have the 10 or so hot pink pixels mapped out. Does anyone know what the standard fee for this service is? Or, if its out of warranty (which mine is) will they want to replace the cmos? Anyone have experience with this issue. I've read plenty about Nikon not doing anything about hot pixels when the cameras are under warranty because they want you to consider them normal, but what about people willing to pay. I have about 10 or so that really bother me. I can see them at shutter speeds of about 1/16 second with ISO at 100. It is pretty bad. The whole reason I bought the D2x was so I could create quality enlargements with little interpolation. I read about them but never saw a single one on my D1x or D200. Now I bought the big dollar flagship model and am quite disappointed. Anyone have some thoughts, insights, or experience on this matter? i.e. Will they even do it or tell me its normal? Cost? etc.
By the way, turning the noise reduction on or off appears to have no effect on the pixels, and they can easily be seen on an 8x10 or larger print. Thanks in advance. -Matt

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: d2x pixel mapping

G