Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D2X + Expodisc question

amitsharma

Kralovo Pole, CZ
124 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
amitsharma Registered since 16th Jul 2004
Fri 27-Oct-06 10:05 AM

I have never used the WB preset feature on my D2X as a result I have often spent hours colour correcting my images. Now I am doing all I can to reduce my 'photoshop time' and hence decided to buy the expodisc.
I saw an instructional video of this product in which the photographer quickly shot 2 portraits of a lady indoors without any flash. He set the WB by pointing the camera at the light source. I understood all that. But now I have a question. If I am shooting a wedding inside a large hall or a church and I have all kinds of mixed light. If I use the expodisc.I will put it on the lens, point the camera in the direction where the main light is coming from and set the white balance. Now I am definately going to use my SB-800 flash over it so doesnt it mean that the WB setting I just created is useless? If the WB setting was made by pointing the camera at the light source and then flash was added later on. How is it going to help the resulting image?
Or am I supposed to do something different to set the WB when shooting indoors with just one camera mounted flash?

Is there anybody here who doesnt recommend the Expodisc to be used with a D2X? If so, then please state your reasons as well.

Please help me out

Thanks

Amit Sharma
www.amit-sharma.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D2X + Expodisc question