Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

"Storage" of D2x batteries in cold conditions

bcm75

Northbrook, US
1209 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
bcm75 Basic Member
Fri 06-Oct-06 01:48 PM

I'm calling this a "storage" situation, for lack of a better word. In November I'm doing a long road trip out to the western U.S. on my way to shoot a business conference in Las Vegas. Of course, the reason for this being a road trip is so that I can go photograph some of our beautiful National Parks in the west, Arches NP in Utah in particular.

I'm planning to camp in Arches at the campground inside the park itself. In the past I have used my D2x and D70 in cold weather conditions, but I'm more concerned about how the packs will survive being outside overnight -- temperatures can drop as low as the 20s (F) that time of year, so I'm worried about losing all charge while they sit in the freezer. I have never exposed the packs to the cold for that extended a period of time.

Any thoughts or experiences that anyone might wish to share about this would be greatly appreciated.

Brian Morrison
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=30715">My Nikonians Gallery | The Nikonians Team
My Website | My Blog

G