Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1X meter indication adjustment.

camerapapi

Miami, US
1108 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
camerapapi Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2002
Mon 18-Sep-06 09:01 PM

I made comments in several threads about battery life for the D series and I explained in some of them that I was convinced that battery life was excellent; at least I consider it was. I was able to get over 250 shots from a fully charged, couple of years old battery and I consider that as very good, at least for my shooting style.
What really annoys me is that after about 50 shots or so, the battery indicator shows a low charge when indeed over 200 shots of battery life remain. If you own one of these cameras (mine is the D1X) when that happens battery power is cut to the viewfinder and LCD on top of camera and no longer the meter can be set manually except keeping a finger on the shutter release button half pressed. Very annoying and inconvenient. No problem if the camera is used in AUTO modes.
Nikon wants me to send the camera to "calibrate the battery indicator."
I am not familiar with the adjustment but I wish someone here could tell me about it if his or her camera was ever sent to have such an adjustment done.
I like the D1X and I do not plan to retire it.
Thank you in advance.
William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

G