Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
TBS

US
171 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
TBS Registered since 16th May 2006
Fri 25-Aug-06 06:44 PM

Ok everyone, I've had my D1x now for about 3 weeks and am loving it to death. There are a few qwirks about DSLR recording, such as blown highlights, that are taking this film-guy awhile to get a handle on.

But my question is, what do you long-term D1x users have on your custom settings, such as in-camera sharpness, contrast, exposure biasing, WB, and whatever else you have found to help you get the most out of the fantastic D1x CCD.

I know there are some posts on this topic in the archives, I have read them, and most have good advice; however, that was when the D1x was new. I'm wondering if after 4-5 years of use if some of you guys have figured out some tricks that might not have been published in the archival accounts.

Oh, I generally do landscape, slow-water, and some action photography. I tried to do night with the D1x once....hahaha, yeah....that's for the FM2n now. (Only at night time do I wish I would have purchased D70...... Hopefully in 4 years I'll upgrade to a D2x!)

----------------------------
Nikon: Don't forget some of us still prefer to use an aperture ring!

G