Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

(EDIT) Interpolation?? + Portrait & Low Light shots??

Nikon32250

St. Augustine, US
4020 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Nikon32250 Silver Member Nikonian since 16th Mar 2004
Sat 24-Jun-06 01:00 AM

I have been told that one can effectively raise the pixel output by using interpolation. Could someone tell me how this works? I have Nikon Capture V 4.2.1 which I am told can do this. How would I go about it? What would be the equivalent resolution? e.g. would I go from 4.1 to 6 mps or 8 mps? What size picture could I print and still get good quality results?

I have been asking a lot of questions in this and the D200 forum about buying the D2H vs the D200 and vice-versa. Most people seem to favor the D200, but I really like the ergonomics of the D2H. The main obstacle has been the 4.1 mps because I tend to do up to 50% crops when I take pictures of birds or kids playing soccer. If interpolation will solve these problems then I'm going to give the D2H a try.

To those who have already provided me with outstanding information on both cameras, I beg your indulgence as I continue my due diligence. Some people may same I'm a**l about this, but I do like to research items quite thoroughly before I spend over $1,000.

Thanks

Graham
From St. Augustine, FL. "I like photographers, you don't ask questions." Ronald Reagan to White House Press Photogs

http://www.ancientcityphotography.com/>

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Interpolation with a D2H question (I am ignorant on

G