Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
MValentine

Villa Rica, US
139 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
MValentine Registered since 07th Jun 2002
Wed 16-Jan-08 01:02 PM

I have a D2Hs. I have shot a few thousand images with the camera and have always used the jpeg fine setting. Recently I have started using the NEF setting. However I have been having a problem with noise or color speckling which I do not recall having to deal with when using the jpeg fine setting. I have tried to edit the images by using Picture Window Pro 4.0 and I am trying RAWShooter Esentials. I have attached a cropped portion of an image to illustrate the problem I am having. This was taken of a youth league baseball player. Do I need to purchase Nikon Capture 4 to get the best results during editing? I am going back to jpeg fine until I can resolve this problem. Any comments or suugestions would be greatly appreciated.

The image settings:
Exposure: 1/2500
Ap: 5.6
ISO: 800
Focal Length: 220.0
Lens: 70-200 f2.8 w/2x nikon converter
White Bal: Auto

Thanks

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.