Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I've returned from (mt?) Olympus

ricnikon

5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ricnikon Basic Member
Tue 05-Mar-02 11:41 PM

I have been a Nikon owner since 1997. I have owned the N50, N90s, Fm2n, Pronea 6i, Coolpix 950, and F3. I still own a F5 and a F100 and numerous lenses. For some reason I decided to try an Olympus E-10. I thought it was great. It's robust, It had a wonderful Zoom Lens, and the images were very sharp. That is, until I went to Sanibel Island for a Photo Workshop. I had heard stories that the E-10 was slow to focus or could not find the focal point in the easiest of conditions. Its exactly what I ran into while trying to photograph birds at "Ding" Darling Wildlife Refuge. I have to live with my mistakes, but I don't have to live with a camera's mistakes. This past week I returned to Nikon with the purchase of a D1X. It is everything a F5 is in the Film world, except for fps. I am very famialiar with its user interface, and love the idea it can use a micro drive. With the slowest of Nikon's lenses, it seems to focus very fast. Shutter lag is nil (a big problem I ran into with the Coolpix). I 've used sRGB mode; not a good thing for nature photography, so this week at the Philadelphia Flower Show, I am going to try the Adobe 1998 mode. I understand that its color spectrum is wider. Anyone have any suggestions about how to shoot those flowers as far as lens choice, or flash position?

Rich

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I've returned from (mt?) Olympus

G