Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Custom curve downloads: comments please

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AlanC Basic Member
Fri 29-Nov-02 03:04 PM

Following on from Ben Hermann\'s suggestion for the creation of a library of custom curves I've taken a look to see if we could get this going easily using the existing forum software.

The only snag that I can see is that the upload facility caters for a limited range of file types: while it is possible to upload/download a curve file directly (by changing its extension to .zip and using the ZIP compressed file option) I'd suggest the files are genuinely compressed as .zip's before upload to avoid confusion. Applications to create .zip files are widely available for PC (PKZip, WinZip) and Macintosh (MacZipIt) so we're not cutting anyone out by choosing this format.

I'll create an anchored thread in this forum that you can use to upload curves. I'd suggest that you post the curve and two sample shots of the same subject under identical conditions: the first using the normal curve and the second using your custom curve.

Any suggestions or comments?

Alan.

G