Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Wondering about my D2x initial wake up?

RayC

Macungie, US
81 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
RayC Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2005
Tue 14-Feb-06 01:11 PM

I just received a new D2x yesterday and I must admit I was a little surprised just how heavy and big the camera is. My first impression of the D200 was “how cute”, my first impression of the D2x was “wow, what a machine”.
Wanting to test the focus, I quickly charged the battery, stuck on my 28-70, turned the camera on, went though the menu, checked everything, put the camera to my eye, pressed the shutter for focus and nothing! I tried and tried, rechecked my settings and still nothing, almost as if the battery was dead. Now I’m starting to panic. All of a sudden I got a little life out of the camera but it wouldn’t focus, just in and out and would stop on infinity. I then manually focused and took one picture just to see if that did anything. Well, I then started to get a little more life but still it was pretty bad. I decided to check the filmware, Ver.1.00. So, even though the vender said it had the latest filmware, it didn’t. I then loaded the 1.01 and now it seems to be working fine. Humm.. go figure.
I’m curious if other people experienced this initial wake up scenario. Also, I did notice that my first picture was lucky #13. No big deal but is that typical?

Ray

Ray

One thing I know is .... I don't know anything

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Wondering about my D2x initial wake up?

G