Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Am I asking too much??

Aroshi

Chicago, US
5 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Aroshi Registered since 09th Nov 2002
Sat 09-Nov-02 09:56 PM

I've been trying to purchase a D100 for 3 weeks now. The first one I received had HUGE solid black blobs in the picture and I sent it back without realizing I could check the ccd without using the AC adaptor. No matter though - that should not have occurred. The second one I was happy with until last night when I was taking some nighttime pictures and indoor pictures. Seems there is a defective pixel in the ccd. It shows up as a bright tiny dot when photographing a dark subject. Mind you, this is hard to see until you blow up the picture on a computer screen but in certain pictures it is hard to ignore. The total area affected is about 9 pixels. It's like a little far-away star (in my living room!)

Now am I asking too much?? Should I expect more from Nikon as far as quality control? I have already decided to return the camera for yet another exchange.

Just wondering if I am having bad luck or is this something other D1x users have been through? Would appreciate any feedback because I'm starting to wonder how many cameras I will have to go through to find one I will be satisfied with - *sigh*

Aroshi

G