Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Flash Value (FV) Lock

larryj763

San Francisco, US
102 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
larryj763 Basic Member
Thu 02-Feb-06 10:51 PM

In a thread here about backlit photos, the following comment was made, "Be warned that even after a shutter release you still have FV lock. To unlock FV just press the funciton button again."

This was exactly my question when I logged in here, but I wonder if it is the whole story. What things, besides pressing the function button again, unlocks it? Anything? One "trick" I was thinking of using was to set FV lock using spot metering on my subject and then switching to matrix metering, or just set exposure lock on the background.

Good ideas or bad? (I'm lazy, so I ask, though I'll probably get around to trying it anyway, regardless of the answers I might get, but I'm always open to the suggestions of those more experienced!)

G