Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon FotoShare UK Site Security Issue

Docklander

16 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Docklander Registered since 30th Oct 2002
Wed 30-Oct-02 09:11 AM

I have been trying to access the UK FotoShare site since registering my product with Nilkon about a month ago. Somehow, their server allowed me to have the same password as a fellow user. Today, I tried using the password and login key Nikon keep insisting will work (it never has...) and found, to my shock, that I was able to access the image pages and, worse, the full address and product details of the man with whom I share the password. If I had desired to, I could have changed his images and edited his details, or used those details for criminal purposes. I have notified the person concerned, and also warned Nikon of the lapse in site security, and have asked them to withdraw my details from their system under the conditions of the UK Data Protection Act. You might think I’m just being ‘jumpy’, but I thought I should post this information so that fellow users of FotoShare are aware of the security issue and are able to make their own risk assessments.

LOVE my D100, and really enjoy the posts on this section of the Nikonians site, and the crisp presentation of information. Excellent resource, thanks to everyone who contributes to these pages.

Docklander

G