Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Possibly a dumb newbie question....

linco

Vancouver, CA
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
linco Registered since 17th Oct 2002
Fri 25-Oct-02 11:00 PM

My D100 is just over 24 hours old so, needless to say, I still have an awful lot to learn about it!!

I got a 50mm 1.8 lens with it. I'm a little confused about something. If I unlock the Aperture ring and turn it manually I get an error message FEE. The meter won't work and the shutter button won't depress. Now, having done some reading, I understand that the meter won't work but I thought you could set the aperture using the ring manually if the camera was in 'Manual' mode. Am I missing something? If this is the case, why bother getting a lens with a manual aperture ring?

As I said, I'm brand new at this camera (and digital SLRs) so my apologies if this is just a stupid question that has been asked many times.

Lin

Also, I ordered Thom Hogan's D100 book and after the order went through the next screen said that it would take 3 weeks to come! Has anyone received it in a shorter time frame than that? Do you receive an email that it has shipped at least?

Photo Gallery: http://www.pbase.com/linm

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G