Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

4:3 Image Resolution, and the Future of D

lordnikon

Frederick, US
5996 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
lordnikon Registered since 18th Feb 2002
Thu 24-Oct-02 01:53 PM

I was reading in a digital photo forum on a computer forum briefly about an attempt by Kodak, and Olympas in regards to a new 4:3 image ration being develped by Kodak and Olympas to form a new standard for all digital cameras to run under reffered to as 4:3. Has anyone heard much about this? From what I gathered, it would require an entirely new lens design stating that the largest restriction to DSLR tech curently is the throw back to the 35mm lens system used, and not the current magnifying factor (or crop factor depending on your use of the term)

Dashi, if you get a chance to, could you post the link on here to the articles you showed me the other day in the lab?

But from the sounds of it, if Nikon, Canon, Minolta, Pentax, or anyone else were to adopt this new stanard, those of us complaining already about he G series will have a lot more to complain about as according to the Kodak research, backwards compatitbility will not even exist leaving those of us using anything Nikkor out to pasture, and the expsevie D series as nothing more as a remnent of a costly error in design.

Anyone, know anything about the 4:3 yet? (I'm looking at you Scott, and you Victor )

Aaron J. Heiner
Team Coast Guard Photographer
US Department of Homeland Security

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: 4:3 Image Resolution, and the Future of D

G