Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Interesting Conversation With Nikon

kmiecmonster

Bloomington, US
713 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
kmiecmonster Registered since 30th Apr 2002
Wed 23-Oct-02 12:27 AM

Nikon Editor was giving me error messages when trying to switch from Editor to Photoshop 7. I emailed Nikon, waited 7 days only to get a response that said plesae call the Digital 1800 #. So I call and explained the problem. I was told that the vurrent .NEF plugin was designed for use in PS6 not 7. Furthermore, Editor and Nikon View was designed to work with PS 6 not 7. I was alos told that Nikon is working on a new plug in that is supposed to drastically make life better for users in Photoshop (PS 7 users included). To boot and this kinda ticked me off they are going to come out with a new version of Nikon View that will work with PS 7. They are apparently working on it from the "ground up." I'm annoyed because #1 all the updates to Nikon View did nothing to help PS 7 users. I'm also annoyed that Nikon didn't see the fact PS7 was coming. I mean hello a simple call to Adobe would have solved the problem.

Anyway, look for a new version of the plugin and Nikon View in about 1 - 2 months.

-----------------------------
Give me my D2Hs and 50mm 1.4, then step out of my way.
http://www.thekmiecs.com

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Interesting Conversation With Nikon

G