Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Whispers of impending problems.

Ray Gerke

winnipeg, CA
633 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Ray Gerke Registered since 12th Sep 2004
Mon 05-Dec-05 03:28 AM

I am approaching near panic based on recent whispers I have heard. Don’t get me wrong I am a loyal Nikon user and have been for many years but I am getting really concerned.
I have invested heavily in Nikon equipment over the years. I have hear from a few sources that many C*n*n users are getting fed up with buying the current model and then finding it is superseded in a few months with a new model. This has led to speculation that C*n*n is not even recovering its development and marketing costs for each model. There have been whispers that C*n*n may even withdraw from the camera market totally in 2006! The model that costs the same as a brand new small car has been plagued by support issues which is leading to high end dissatisfaction as well. Now what is worrying me is that I have spent about $9000 on NAS related products this year. And as I get closer and closer to total bankruptcy and homelessness the only thing that has really stopped me from going over the edge is my wife can always say “if they were that good then there would be no competition!”. Therefore some sanity prevails.
Now my problem becomes evident to you all! I am also being plagued by worsening health as my leg keeps twitching! Is there any hope?

Ray Gerke

D800, D5300, D2HS, D700 (sold), D7000(sold), CP520, CP510
Nikkor 24mm f/1.4, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4, Nikkor 58mm f/1.4, Nikkor 85mm f/1.4, Nikkor 14-24 F/2.8, Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8, Nikkor 24-120VR, Nikkor Micro 60mm f/2.8, Nikkor Micro 105mm f/2.8VR, Nikkor 10.5 DX
Sigma 30mm f/1.4, Sigma 150-500mm OS

My mapped photos from around the world

G