Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Introducing the moderator...

AlanC

UK
2700 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
AlanC Basic Member
Wed 20-Feb-02 08:45 PM

Hello everyone. For those who haven't 'met' me elsewhere on Nikonians I think a little introduction may be in order. My name is Alan Clifton, a.k.a. AlanC, I'm 40 years old and live in Yorkshire, England. I probably have the dubious distinction of being the 'oldest' digital Nikonian as I've been around with my D1 ever since the site was in beta.

I've enjoyed photography for a long time: one of my earliest memories is of putting my elder sister in the middle of a rose bush with an inadvertent double exposure while using an old Kodak Brownie. I moved on from that through a range of different cameras (remember 126? 110?) to a manual focus 35mm SLR which kept me very happy for about 16 years.

Then digital cameras came along and the upgrade cycle started all over again, seeing me moving up through a series of consumer cameras to the D1. These cameras, and most especially the D1, transformed photography for me: they've given me the freedom to experiment in areas I've never attempted before, put me in control of the entire process – from taking the picture to producing the print - and given me the gratification of being able to hold finished prints in my hand on the same day I took the photos.

Film still has its advantages, but I'll be sticking with digital.

I hope this forum will be useful to anyone interested in the D series cameras - so if you own one, if you're interested in buying one or if you're simply interested in what they have to offer then please join in.

Alan.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Introducing the moderator...

G