Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
57_chevy

Griffin, US
90 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
57_chevy Registered since 12th May 2003
Wed 02-Nov-05 01:50 PM

I am considering finally going digital. I was kind of holding out for the D200. Since my main interest are wild life and Auto Racing, Road racing NOT NASCAR. I need to feel confortable with the AF speed. I currently use F3 and N80. The N80 has the CAM900 system. This is adequate for most situatins until I get to the track or try to catch some wild life in motion. At that time it becomes too sluggish. The new D200 seems to have a CAM1000 which no one at this time really knows how quick it will be. I would think it would be maybe about a %15 improvement over the Cam900. I can purchase a clean used D2H for about the price of a new D200 but I just don't know if I would be happy with the Af system.
The D2H is very fast with a CAM2000. I have never used one but from what I have read it is quick. I was wondering how many of you D2H users miss the extra Megapixels. Is 4 Megapixels enough for most photographs. How large of a print can you go comfotably without loosing texture?
Thanks for any comments.
Lee Russell

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Used D2H ?