Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kingston vs. Sandisk vs. Lexar

jrhone

US
197 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
jrhone Basic Member
Tue 01-Nov-05 05:27 AM

Having just purchased a D2X, I am now in need of more memory cards. I have a Lexar 1GB, and a few 256's which are basically useless now unless I wanna shoot 11 images. So I am looking into 2GB cards. The Kingston 2GB 50x cards are $130. The Lexar 80x 2GB cards are about $190 and the Sandisk Ultra II are about $90. BUT the Kingston 4GB 50x cards are $230. So for about $30 more I can get a 4GB card. Its not as fast as the Lexar or Sandisk, but its close and I dont NEED the write speed. So will the Kingston be just as reliable as the Sandisk and Lexar? I have had no problems at all with my Lexar 1GB card, so I was ready to plop down $219 (-$30 rebate) for a 2GB Lexar, but noticed for about the same cash get double the storage. Thoughts?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kingston vs. Sandisk vs. Lexar

G