Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Which Garmin GPS works with D2X ?

GreatDane

DK
31 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
GreatDane Basic Member
Mon 31-Oct-05 11:27 PM

I had seen some posts about GPS and D2X before the big crash but they are no longer here. Therefore I need your help.

I would like to record GPS data as part of the metadata in my D2X raw files. The GPS device I am looking for is just going to be used for capturing data that can be send to my D2X. I will prefer a Garmin device.

As far as I have found out I shall look for NMEA0183 support as descibed in the D2X User Guide as well as the ability to connect to RS-232 on the MC-35 GPS Adaptor Cord.

On Nikons D2X promo site there is an illustration of a guy with a Garmin ForeTrex or ForeRunner on his arm that is connected to a D2X. However, either of these two devices have a RS-232 terminal. Is it possible to find an adaptor cord that converts the ten-pin remote terminal to USB or miniUSB? and will it work?

Any good advice and suggestions will be welcome.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Which Garmin GPS works with D2X ?

G