Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

More Color Management

genec57

St. Petersburg, US
219 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
genec57 Basic Member
Wed 02-Oct-02 09:57 PM

For some time, both with my scanner and now my D1X I have used the following workflow. I open the RAW file in Bibble, do a bare minimum adjustment - maybe a bit of white balence adjustment and the occasional iso correction.

I then send the image to Photoshop. In Photoshop I tell it to convert to the Photocal profile which is my monitor profile as setup by the Photocal Spyder (I recommend it highly).

After whatever needs doing in Photoshop I print.

This seems to me to provide a really good result and the prints are quite satisfactory. I have had no doubts about it at all until the recent discussion about color management. I would like to hear any suggestions from all of you.

As a point of interest I would like to mention the Photoshop Plugins that I normally use and find quite useful. They are Nik sharpener Pro, iCorrect Professional (does an amazing job on white balence), and Color Mechanic Pro which does great color correction. I found all these recommended on the Luminous Landscape website - www.luminous-landscape.com This site should be a must for anyone serious about digital imaging. This despite his rather obvious bias toward Canon

A special thanks to all the contributors to the content of this site. It is invaluable to me as a digital photographer and as a frequent vistitor to many other forums I really like the polite, courteous tone to be found here.
Cheers,
Gene

G