Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different home..?

hilld

Tigard, US
89 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hilld Basic Member
Wed 28-Nov-01 04:29 PM

I am just wondering if the D1, D1H and D1X (just got one of these babies) and future Digital Bodies shouldn't be in the Nikon Products section along with the other bodies as these cameras take the same lenses as the other bodies. I agree that the Coolpix series should stay seperate as they don't qualify for a body (not SLR and interchangable lenses), but feel that the D1 series should be included here as the process of taking the shot, setting up, metering, lens selection, TTL flashing, etc.

While people will disagree with me, calling digital photographers not real photographers since we get to see what we shot immediately and can retake a bad exposure/composition, I also shoot F100's and have shot a N90s that was stolen.

I believe as the price continues to come down and more and more models are introduced, this is the direction that photography will take (maybe not in the next 5 years, but eventually).

Just my 2 cents, not trying to cause trouble, but when I look at the products section, I would like to see the D1 series of bodies included there as well as the F5, F100, N90, N80, etc.., digging through the digital section is more difficult as the cameras are grouped with scanners, printers, CF cards, hard drives, etc...

Derek

I came, I saw, I took a picture

I came, I saw, I took a picture

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Shouldn't the D1 series of Bodies have a different ...
          Reply message Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
               Reply message RE: Ok - so who will do the Moderator Dance?
                         Reply message Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                              Reply message RE: Quick update, pictures to follow later this week
                                                  Reply message Pictures are posted
                                                  Reply message New thread

G