Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

How to check speed on a CF?

JoeSlotz

Philadelphia, US
364 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JoeSlotz Registered since 17th Jul 2002
Wed 02-Oct-02 11:23 AM

I bought a Ridata 256M card that is suppose to be 20X. The company I bought it from (mydigitaldiscount.com) shows an "in package" image of the card, but sent it to me out of the packaging (in a plastic case thought). The card has no speed designation, just "Ridata" and "256M", but it does look like the one on their website. The Ritek website basically says all their cards are 20X (2.98 mbps). I read elsewhere on the internet that if it doesn't come in a package that designates 20X speed, then it may be old stock and not necessarily 20X. The vendor said they receive alot of their cards "out of packaging" and assures me it is.

Since it only cost me $95 USD should I even be concerned? If so, is there any way to verify the speed?

One other strange bit og info, the card was already formatted. Is that normal? It wasn't for my Lexar 256m 16X.

Joe - Pennsylvania Nikonian
Its all just a trick of the light.
-----------------------------
Lighthouse Joe\'s
Lacrosse Photos for PhiladelphiaLacrosse.com

G