Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Honestly not interested in super megapix SLRs right now

gavinjung

Vancouver, CA
249 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
gavinjung Registered since 04th Apr 2002
Mon 30-Sep-02 03:50 PM

I mean, I'm watching and waiting to find out like everyone else, but I'm not sure that even if I could afford these monsterous cameras I'd be all that interested. As an amateur, i'm not really interested in producing images any bigger than A4 really. Perhaps a bit more res for cropping and that's it. 6MegaPix may be enough. The way I see it, there are two solutions to this magnification factor with the more recent DSLRs. 1. make the CMOS/CDD bigger to full frame like Kodak's new camera. or 2. reduce the size of current lenses so they project images that can be captured on the smaller chips. The result would be cameras that are cheaper, smaller and lighter. chips coud even be advanced in the future to improve res by density instead of size. true, you'd have to buy all new lenses, but i dunno. for me, i only have 3 and use only 2. cameras that cost at least half as much, that weigh half as much, at half the size sound good to me. this is of course, with a traveling amateur's needs in mind. Good idea? or is this just a matter of having lens support? which, like advancing technology would take a lot of time.

GJ

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G