Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
entman

princeton, US
56 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
entman Registered since 11th Aug 2002
Sat 28-Sep-02 09:29 PM

can not use nikon software with mac OS

I bought a microdrive today so I could shoot in raw mode. Prior to today's purchase I only had a 256 meg card limiting to only 25 raw so I have been shooting all jpeg. Anyway I bought a new powerbook g4 with X.2 and now I can not open nikon view 5. I emailed Nikon and I was told that the fix will take 90 days. I also purchased the os x version of photoshop 7 so switching to booting in 0s9 is not a help unless I want to use a older version of photoshop making my purchase of photoshop 7 a temporary waste. I can open a nef in photoshop 7 with the plug in however it is very slow and would make editing very painful. I know many readers will laugh to themselves and say I should have bought a pc, not a mac however this is the situation I find myself. Any suggestions ? Anyone else having a simillar problem ?
to see pictures taken in Jpeg: http://www.pbase.com/entman (believe it or not, the pictures taken in San Diego while on a trip were accidentaly shot at iso 1000)

Subject
ID
Reply message in ac users alert: can not use nikon software with mac
Reply message RE: in ac users alert: can not use nikon software with
     Reply message RE: in ac users alert: can not use nikon software with
Reply message RE: Mac users alert:

G