Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lens for dust conditions

Wadd

Yucaipa, US
18 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
Wadd Basic Member
Sat 28-Sep-02 01:31 AM

I recently purchased a D1X and within a week I had the CCD covered in dust
I have already had it cleaned twice by Nikon in Torrance ( by the way they are very good about it they cleaned it while I waited and they did not charge me a penny). They told me it was my lenses I was using 28-80 f/3.5-5.6D- I can understand why dust could get in though that, and I also have a 70-300 f/4-5.6 D a little better lens but still not so hot when it comes to dust control.
So I am wondering if anyone could tell me of a good semi dust proof zoom lens I could get.
I am getting crazy not being able to use my new camera, It is so far the best camera I have ever used but also the worst because of the dust issue- sometimes I kinda feel like I should go back to shooting slide film, it's easier to clean the dust off.

Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciatedĀ 

G