Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison

hilld

Tigard, US
89 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hilld Basic Member
Fri 21-Dec-01 04:48 AM

As requested by several of you, I have completed my image selection and scanned equivalent images from my recent trip to Yosemite and will let all of you decide what is the better medium. Personally, I feel that the quality of the digital pictures is almost as good as the film negatives scanned, in some cases the digital image appears better, in others it doesn't. I have created a website for the comparison, I hope you all enjoy it and let me know what you think.

Please note that some of the tiff files are rather large, some over 60MB, download at your own risk. The files do not contain any virus, I have scanned them, just to make sure.

The page that has some of the sample shots displayed is about 400k and will take about 120 secs on a 28.8 modem. Please take this into consideration.

A detailed description on how I processed each type of image can be found on the site, including shooting data.

Ok, here is the link http://www.kdphoto.net click on the only link on that page, it will take you to the comparison page.

Derek

I came, I saw, I took a picture

I came, I saw, I took a picture

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D1X vs Coolscan 4000 comparison