Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with a choice of cameras...

Nikon Geek

Chattanooga, US
8 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Nikon Geek Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Thu 02-Sep-04 03:09 AM

Like a Nikonian that posted below, I am also looking to go digital... I am wanting to get some opinions on what to do between now and the time I can afford to buy whatever Nikon is going to be coming out with at Photokina.

I am interested in the D2H, but am doubting the supposed ability that people are claiming on this forum that it can produce a great 16x20. I actually feel the same way about the D1X, D100, and D70... I'm just not confident in the quality of a 4-6 megagpixel camera yet. Is there anyone out there who would actually be willing to e-mail me a large sample D2H file for me to view ( expressivephotography@comcast.net )?

And then if I want to buy a camera to get me buy and allow me to learn digital until I purchase a number of D2X cameras, what are the main differences between the D70 and D1X or D2H (besides vertical grip and better viewfinders)?

Thanks for your time!

Nathan

Nathan Holritz
Holritz Photography
www.holritzphotography.com

G