Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remaining exposure count for NEF images.

glade

12 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
glade Registered since 20th Sep 2002
Fri 20-Sep-02 12:31 AM

Hi Folks:

I've been lurking on Nikonians for a while now, and it's about time I joined this community. I'm the happy owner of a new D100 and discovered the other day that I had never changed the image quality setting for NEF images from compressed RAW to RAW (the long wait after 3 exposures clued me into this mistake). I was surprised that when I did change this to uncompressed, that the remaining exposure count remained the same. With an empty 512MB flash card it registers 51 exposures when I set the image quality to RAW regardless of whether compression is set or not.

I've read in earlier threads that the remaining image count is conservative, but this seems downright pessimistic! Have any of you observed this? Compressed NEFs, if they mean more exposures on my flash card would be nice, esp. when I'm not taking rapid fire pictures.

Cheers,

-Brad.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remaining exposure count for NEF images.

G