Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
spacer

DE
1690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
spacer Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Tue 17-Sep-02 04:48 PM

Hi,

Now that Canon is going to introduce a 11 Mpx full frame I was curious to see if there would be any rumors about a Nikon equivalent.

I just sent the key words "nikon 11 mpx digital" through a search engine and it dug out a Norwegian digitalcamera page. I do not know if it is just a rumor or the real deal:

http://www.digitalkamera.no/nyheter/september_2002/nikon_d2.html

Looks like a D2X and D2H with the D2X having 10.6 Mpx (4024x2648). If the specs about the CCD turn out to be accurate (23.7x 15.6 mm) then it would not be a fullframe CCD. This could be a major setback for Nikon. Nikon might have to display a "fullframe D series" in a glass box at the Photokina and work overtime to get it done.

Or maybe I am totally wrong with my humble Norwegian language skills (= zero) Any Norwegian Nikonians out here?

Have a nice day

Andreas

Andreas

Learn more about me and the Nikonians team on ourTeam Page.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D2x and D2H?

G