Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
glasseye

229 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
glasseye Registered since 12th Jul 2002
Mon 16-Sep-02 11:33 AM

I was tinkering yesterday with my d-100 and decided to try my vivitar 285 flash on it shooting manual, The exposures were perfect and very well lit up. So why is everyone complaining about the underexposure of the nikon flashes? Have we become to dependent on the technology? or have we become lazy and don't want to calculate settings anymore. I was not sure that this was good for the d-100 but I was assured by three camera stores that it would not hurt it as long as I stayed in manual and only used a single pin flash. This was my preferred method of shooting weddings some many years ago and I guess it still works for me. I will eventually get an 80dx flash but I am curious about the previous. Thanks Harry

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Flash Myth?