Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

optimal settings for crisp, clear D1x photos?

thompson1600

St Paul, US
215 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
thompson1600 Basic Member
Sun 15-Sep-02 03:03 AM

Hello,

I have a D1x and want to know how to maximize the clarity of the photos. I try to follow the rule of thumb that for shutter speed it's 1/(focal length minimum). I usually use the following settings; iso 125 (or 400), F9 or F16 (depending on available light), camera in Aperture priority. I use a Tamron 28-105 F/2.8, Nikon 80-200 AF-D F/2.8, Nikon VR 80-400 or a Tokina 20-35 F/2.8 I also use an 80dx speedlight for flash.

Any suggestions on settings to maximize clarity and crispness of the photos, such as shutter speed to stop action for crowd scenes (was at the Renaissance Festival recently with lots of dancing, etc), kids playing, etc. Any other advice on ways to get better crisp photos would be appreciated.

Tom

G