Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Future Lense requirments ?

Hartmut

Beijing, CN
76 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Hartmut Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Registered since 01st Sep 2002
Fri 13-Sep-02 06:38 AM

Hi All,
during all the fuzz about the C**'s new D1s with whatever 8 or 11 Mio resolution some people "argue" better lenses would be required, especially available Zooms would be too bad; some even argue this resolution would actually challenge middle format and not 35mm anymore - personally I can't imagine but if that would be true we probably realy would need new lenses.
I got my F100 last year as I wanted to wait 'n see where the Digital stuff would end up and instead put the money in some nice pro lenses, that will be excellent lenses in 10 years as well. The move to digit I as amateur still could make in 1,2 or 5 years. Are the requirements for lense sharpness increasing with 11 Mio or even 20 mio pixcels, meaning are there new quality requirments or will "old" pro lenses still be very good lenses used on future digit cameras?
Wanted to get the 17-35mm and maybe 60mm macro in 2 weeks.....
Thanks for your comments

sorry guys, wrong forum, was supposed to be in the Nikkor forum

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

G