Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why D2H isn't just for pros/photojournalists

rmigliaccio

Barrington, US
4273 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
rmigliaccio Administrator Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 10th Mar 2004
Mon 19-Apr-04 06:31 PM

My D2H is only a few weeks old and I am thrilled to own it. For those of you who think it is for pros only, think again. I am an amateur. I bought the camera because I decided to go digital; and I like to shoot pictures of my kids swimming and sailing and wanted the ability to shoot multiple frames quickly. While on vacation last week, I was watching pelicans dive bombing for bait fish. I thought it would be great to get a sequence of shots with my 70-200 VR. Without the D2H, it would not have been possible. I took a 5-shot sequence that I think is awesome (the VR helped a lot as I took the pictures from a dinghy in wavy conditions). The pictures are clear, the focus is razor sharp and the color knocks my socks off. In fact, if anyone is interested, I'll email copies of the sequence. Just email me at my address on file with Nikonians and I'll reply with the pictures. As for my other vacation shots, the camera was flawless and the quality of the pictures is beyond my wildest imagination. I am still learning the ins and outs of processing the pictures in NC4. Bottom line, I would recommend this camera to anyone who takes photography seriously, even if you are an amateur!

Rob

Team Page

My Website

NikoniansĀ® - Worldwide Home for NikonĀ® Photographers
"Share, Learn and Inspire"

G