Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon kicks back: D2X

spacer

DE
1690 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
spacer Awarded for his contributions to the Resources Basic Member
Thu 01-Apr-04 04:51 PM

Since I am not bound by any NDAs (as my source is) I thought I pass that along. That's probably the intention of Nikon anyway. One of those "leaks" that they cannot control. The same strategy they did with the 70-200VR. Announcements and leaks one year in advance so that not more people were heading over to Canon.

Nikon is leaking the specs of the upcoming D2X to keep the mkII and 1Ds in check. I think it's a revolution. It will have the same impact as the D1 when it was introduced. Only the people with full frame obsession will be disappointed. But with that kind of specs I take it. The LBCAST sensor has proven its capabilities in the outstanding D2H (just check those amazing pics by Nikonian LucVN).

It will be THE camera for "demanding Studio and Landscape work"

"16.1 (15.3) Megapixel Nikon original JFET imaging sensor LBCAST for high-resolution images"
"ISO equivalency 100 – 1600"
The fps are a bummer, but I don't require them for Landscapes anyway. "Shoot up to 2.1 fps for up to 11 consecutive RAW (NEF) full-resolution images"
Now one of the best news – apart from the sensor: NO new flash system (Their flash technology department must have had a blackout or got laid off): "i-TTL system".
And of course "Multi-CAM 2000 AF Sensor Module, 11 sensors"

I knew that Nikon would kick back big time. The only bad news is that I might not be able to afford it

Andreas

Andreas

Learn more about me and the Nikonians team on ourTeam Page.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon kicks back: D2X
Reply message RE: Nikon kicks back: D2X 11mp not 16mp
     Reply message RE: Nikon kicks back: D2X 11mp not 16mp

G